About Herzog College
Herzog College is a world leader in Jewish education and teacher training. With more than 3,500 students enrolled in its B.Ed., M.Ed., and teacher education courses, it is one of Israel’s largest and fastest growing teacher education colleges.
Herzog College creates and delivers innovative pedagogical programs, designed to teach and inspire the next generation of educational leaders, who are teaching Jewish children in Israel and around the world.
Herzog College was established according to the vision of Rabbi Eliezer Meir Lifshitz zt”l, a pioneer in religious teacher training in Israel, and in the spirit of the former Roshei Yeshiva of Yeshivat Har Etzion, Rabbi Yehuda Amital zt”l and Rabbi Aharon Lichtenstein zt”l. The President of Herzog College is Rabbi Dr. Yehuda Brandes.
In Israel, Herzog College offers:
- B.Ed. and M.Ed. degree programs with concentrations in in 16 Jewish and general education subjects, including: Hebrew Language, Bible Studies, Jewish Philosophy, History, Science, English, Math, and Computer Science.
- Academic and in-service training for 3,500+ students at four campuses in Israel.
- Professional development seminars for teachers in Israel.
In Israel and around the world, Herzog College offers:
- Values-based higher education in Torah and contemporary pedagogy techniques.
- Web-based educational platforms designed by our digital pedagogy teams.
- Teacher education for Judaic Studies teachers around the world, in English, Spanish and Russian, through our Herzog Global department.
- Opportunities for academic research and publishing by our faculty members.