Herzog Global’s new Tanakh Teaching Certificate for Judaic Studies teachers around the world.
Our exciting new Masters-level program of academic courses will focus on Teaching Tanakh in the Diaspora classroom, and equipping teachers with advanced knowledge and practical skills. Online classes in English will start in October 2022.
Full Academic Courses
Students can choose from these asynchronous online courses during the academic year 2022-2023:
- The Midrashic Mind: Learning to Think Like Chazal with Simi Peters (Fall 5783)
- Parshanut for Teachers with Rivka Kahan (Fall 5783)
- Breadth and Depth: A Textual and Values-Based Study of Tanakh with Dr. Yosefa Wruble (Fall 5783)
- Sefer Shoftim: A Window into the Early Prophets with Dr. Yosefa Wruble
- Teaching Shemot: The Birth of the Jewish Nation with Dr. Yael Ziegler
- Method & Meaning – Herzog-Style Tanakh with Rav Daniel Wolf and Rav Dr. Shuki Reiss
Each full course will require 1.5 hours of study per week and earn 3 academic credits. The price of each course will be $75.
We are also offering a choice of Tanakh-focused mini-courses that are each worth 1.5 credits and cost $40. During the academic year 2022-2023 these will include:
- Foundational Stories in Parashat Bereishit with Rabbi Alex Israel
- Bringing Eretz Yisrael into Your Classroom with Rabbi Alan Haber
- Teaching the Structure of Sefer Shemot with Rabbi Menachem Leibtag
- Tech Tools for Teaching Tanach with Rabbi Reuven Spolter
After one academic year, Certificate program participants who have earned 15 credits will receive a Tanakh Teaching Certificate from Herzog College.
This program is run in partnership with and subsidized by Herzog-UnitED.
(Teachers may also choose to audit individual courses without registering for the Certificate program.)