Kitah Navi Shmuel Course 2
From Shepherd to King - Shmuel Aleph to Bet
This Khan Academy-style course will familiarize students with the second half of Shmuel Aleph and Shmuel Bet, using instructional videos to explain the Hebrew texts and customizable Google Form questionnaires to monitor student comprehension.
About the Course
Students will grow more comfortable reading text in the original Hebrew, and navigating through the pesukim and chapters of Tanakh. During the course, we’ll see many different maps to learn about areas mentioned in the Navi. The text is punctuated and organized for easy comprehension.
Students will learn the following skills during this course:
- Text reading and comprehension
- A comfort navigating through the pesukim and Chapters of TaNakh.
- Identification of key shorashim and their translations
- Quoting from the text to support themes and opinions
Students will learn the following Judaic knowledge:
- They will become familiar with some of the most famous stories and characters in Tanakh.
- They will have an opportunity to discuss some of the fundamental concepts of Judaism: such as prayer, sacrifice, holiness, prophecy, the nature of miracles and the character of a Jewish king.
- They will learn to make the connection between modern day Israel and the stories and characters present in our Sefer.
Students will come to understand:
- The eternal relevance of the stories of Tanakh and how its stories and heroes have guided us throughout our history.
Sample Lesson: To view a sample lesson click here
Other Kitah Tanakh Courses
Course Structure : 20 units
Audience : Middle School Grades 5 – 8
Course fee : $500