Kitah Sefer Bamidbar Course 1
Chumash Bamidbar Chapters 1-11
This Khan Academy-style course will familiarize students with Bamidbar Chapters 1-11, using instructional videos to explain the Hebrew texts and customizable Google Form questionnaires to monitor student comprehension.
About the Course
This course covers:
- The counting of the Jewish people
- The structure of the camp in the Midbar
- The Levi’im, their camp, counting and swapping for the first-born
- The Nazir
- Birkat Kohanim
- The Gifts of the Nesi’im
- Travels in the desert
- Moshe and Chovav
- Signs of trouble – the complainers and the Asafsuf
The student will learn the following during this text-based course:
- How to read and translate the text of the Torah
- How to divide up pesukim in order to better understand the chumash
- How to recognize and decode verbs in the chumash and identify shorashim (roots)
- Understanding selected comments of Rashi, Midrash and selected mefarshim
- How to identify key words (milah manchah) that repeat in the text and understand their importance
Sefer Bamidbar chronicles the counting of the Jewish people, as they make the slow transition from a nation of slaves to an army capable of conquering the Holy Land.
The student will learn the following Judaic knowledge:
- What was the purpose of dividing the Jewish people into camps?
- How long should it have taken the Jewish people to reach the Land of Israel?
- Why would a person become a Nazir? What are the drawbacks?
- What caused the Jewish people to question Moshe’s leadership?
Sample Lesson: To view a sample lesson click here
Other Kitah Tanakh Courses
Course Structure : 20 units
Audience : Middle School Grades 5 – 8
Course fee : $500